Monday 12 August 2013

REVIEW - Real Techniques Core Collection



L-R: contour brush, pointed foundation brush, detailer brush & buffing brush.

 

A couple of months ago I decided to jump on a massive blogger bandwagon and purchase the core collection of Real Techniques brushes. Created by Sam Chapman, one of the sisters of Pixiwoo, the brushes are hand-cut and 100% cruelty free. The Core Collection comes with a 2-in-1 case and stand which is very handy for travelling, I've actually taken mine out and put them in my brush pot but the 4 brushes will definitely be going back in their case when I am off on my holiday!
I'm guessing most of the beauty bloggers out there will know what brushes are included in this set but for the ones who don't let me tell you... you get one Detailer Brush which is to use for your concealer or lipstick. The Pointed Foundation Brush is to be used for liquid foundation. The Buffing Brush (which is my favourite!) is to be used with powder or mineral foundation. Lastly, the Contour Brush which, yep you guessed it, is to be used for contouring, highlighting and blusher.
 
As I said, the buffing brush is actually my favourite brush out of the 4 and I use it everyday to create my base. I use it to apply my concealer, foundation & powder! It literally gives such a flawless base I don't know how I ever survived without it! I have used the detailer brush to blend my concealer but I found it didn't buff it into my skin enough. I feel the same about the pointed foundation brush; its good but leaves my foundation looking a bit streaky. The contour brush I have been using to just apply some blusher on the apples of my cheeks. it grabs the product well and doesn't make me look to 'done'. I cant wait to use it on holiday to contour my cheeks properly.  
 
I have definitely got my eyes on the Starter Kit next which is all the brushes you need for your eyes!
 
You can pick up the Real Techniques brushes from FeelUnique.com or any Boots stores. The sets are £20.99 and the individual brushes are around £10 each.
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment