Saturday 25 January 2014

Rimmel London Apocalips in Across the Universe (402)


First things first, let me just apologize for being the world most rubbish blogger ever! I cant even say I have been too busy to blog because that is not the case, I have literally just had nothing to talk about? So here we are with my first Rimmel London Apocalips! I have heard mixed reviews about these but in the end I decided to bite the bullet & just purchased one of the reds - Across the Universe.

Rimmel describe the Apocalips as "The intense rich colour of a lipstick, enhanced by a satin smooth shine...
It's neither a lipstick nor a gloss..." Now, I would say it is definitely a lip gloss but with the intensity of a lipstick. The lasting time isn't amazing; its roughly about 2-3 hours before you have to re-apply. I also did find it was quite drying on the lips but nothing a slick of lip balm can't fix. I would say Across the Universe is one of the truer reds in the collection and I would definitely be interested in trying some other colours. Unfortunately for me, a pink lip does not suit me as much as a red lip does so I can't really try most of the other colours. I think one more little problem I found is that the wand applicator has a hole in it so excess product gets stuck in there and you find yourself with a lot of product on your lips. I found myself having to wipe off most of the product that came out of the tube so I wouldn't be making too much of a mess. 
Other than that, definitely a good little lip product and I will purchase more colours when I get a chance.

So again, sorry for the lack of postage in the last few weeks, I will definitely try and get back in the routine of posting a couple of times a week. I know it seems like I only just started a new job but I am actually leaving my current position to go on to bigger & better things; I will be working at a Bupa nursing home (eee) which is very exciting! So at the moment I have to wait for references to be done, I have also got a week and a half left of work at my current position so after that I can start training and hopefully get started :) so lots going on at the moment!

Hope you all have a great weekend, and let me know what you think of the Apocalips?


No comments:

Post a Comment